1. Free people are not equal, and equal people are not free.
2. What belongs to you, you tend to take care of; what belongs to everyone tends to fall into disrepair.
3. Consider long-run effects for all, not simply short-run effects for the few.
4. If you encourage something, you get more of it; if you discourage something, you get less.
5. Nobody spends somebody else's money as carefully as he spends his own.
6. Gov't has nothing to give anyone except what it first takes from someone else.
7. Liberty makes all the difference in the world.